Top Yoga Teacher Training Centers in Thailand
Thailand is considered to be a great destination to become a certified and skilled Yoga teacher. The simple reason being that this country has an exotic location and not to mention that the region is a tropical country. If you happen to choose Thailand, then go for Chiang Mai, Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, or Krabi, which are among the many popular destinations for aspiring candidates who want to enroll for yoga training. Thailand has something about it that makes it a popular choice for travelers who are attracted by its vibrant culture, great climate, and beautiful beaches. These aspects are just a perfect mix for Thailand to be the right place where you can learn yoga and take your knowledge to a new level.
Reasons to choose Thailand for Yoga Teacher Training?
- Schools concentrate on basics: Most yoga teaching centers and schools in Thailand base their teachings on developing qualities such as simplicity, love, kindness, and compassion in aspirants. This has given these schools the tag of being known as the spiritual hearts of South East Asia.
- International recognition: Yoga Training centers in Thailand have international recognition. Their extensive and holistic curriculum are a product of years of dedication, love and hard work on researching the subject of yoga. The YTT is taught by a team comprising of experienced and senior yoga teachers and each one of them is a specialist in their own area of teaching. Since teaching is specific to their subject, you wouldn’t find a single teacher who teaches all subjects.
- Non-dogmatic approach: Yoga Schools in Thailand have an open-minded approach towards training various students and this approach has attracted aspirants from all over the globe. The school embraces not only Yoga but also touches upon Tantra, Taoist, and Buddhist values while keeping in mind modern scientific research also. This non-dogmatic approach is a key factor in why people choose Thailand.
- Free Yoga Internship: Yoga schools here offer a free optional Yoga Internship program for those who are already accreditated as yoga teachers so as to help students deepen their teaching skills. The YTTC graduates are also given lifetime access to all regular yoga classes that are conducted in the school.
- Beach located schools: Yoga campuses in Thailand have onsite accommodation and are equipped with top class facilities for the convenience of candidates during the yoga teacher training course (Yoga TTC). The campuses and retreat centers are located in one of the most beautiful islands of Thailand where one can enjoy beach locations and simultaneously learn yoga amid nature’s beauty.
- Intensive course: The YTTC are conducted in a fun and relaxing environment that helps the candidates to evolve under optimum learning process. When learning becomes fun, it’s all about enjoying the process and celebrating your success as a certified teacher.
- Yoga schools are a community and a family: Most centers who teach yoga believe they are not just any other school but operate as a community of friends and family. They are a group who practice yoga in a conscious style that takes care of each other so as to mutually grow. Candidates are given the offer of volunteering with the schools here and therefore can avail up to 20% discount on the course price.
List: Top 12 Yoga Teacher Training Centers
The list is prepared on the basis of a survey done on 80 students who completed the course in Thailand in the season 2018-2019, Please find Top 12 Yoga Teacher Training Schools in Thailand for 2019
Yoga Nisarga is one of the leading Yoga Alliance Accredited Center in Thailand which conducts training in various centers like Phuket, Koh Phangan, Koh Samui, and Chiang Mai. However, Phuket remains the most favorite locations for aspiring yoga enthusiasts.
- Location: Thailand
- Run by: Sandip Chaugule (Swami Chaitanya Hari). He is the Founder & Director of Yoga Nisarga
- Head Teacher: Sully Zamuner
- Style of Yoga: Ashtanga Vinyasa, Hata yoga
- Course Detail: The Yoga Nisarga’s 25 Days 200-Hour Residential Ashtanga Vinyasa Flow and Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Program in
- Phuket is an experience by itself and will help you build your practice while you enjoy the delectable weather and ambiance. Course
- periods – 100Hr YTT, 200Hr YTT, 300Hr YTT, 500Hr YTT, Ashtanga YTT, Hatha YTT, Kundalini YTT, Vinyasa YTT, Yin YTT
- Atmosphere: Very friendly and cooperative.
- 09 July to 02 August 2019 (Phuket) €2600
All Yoga Training
This center is located in the beautiful islands of Thailand and Bali and offers a 200hr and 300hr yoga teacher training in Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Bali and Mexico. This center offers the most active and successful yoga teacher training programs in the whole of South East Asia.
- Location: Koh Phangan, Thailand Yoga Retreat
- Run by & Head Teacher: Vari Morales( LEAD TRAINER, E-RYT 500); Marcela Mota
- Style of Yoga: Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Rocket Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Yin Yoga
- Course Detail: All Yoga 200-hour yoga teacher training in Thailand is supposed to be one of the best, content-wise and teacher-wise.
- You can turn your dream and passion for yoga into reality and cherish this art for the rest of your life.
- Atmosphere: Personal approach and the energy from the beginning until the end of each class.
Cost Start: 2950USD
Vikasa Yoga retreat in Thailand is an experience by itself. It’s much more than just a hotel with yoga. This retreat offers a transformational, inspiring, and life-changing experience and is rated as one of the most reputed places to learn and practice yoga in Thailand.
- Location: Vikasa Yoga Retreat Koh Samui, Thailand.
- Run by: Konstantin ‘Kosta’ Miachin is the founder of Vikasa Yoga in Thailand.
- Head Teacher: Ann Thongod, Yoga Teacher; Craig Proctor, Senior Teacher
- Style of Yoga: The Vikasa Yoga Method is hinged on classical Hatha yoga lineages, which has been influenced by Himalayan Buddhism and Taoism practices.
- Atmosphere: Total fun and you stay focused while you enjoy staying at Vikasa.
Anti Stress Program
- Reiki Courses Program
- Private Singing Bowls
Cost Start: $1097 USD
This center is known as an International School of Awakening and Healing and also renowned for being a Yoga Retreat Centre in Thailand. Those who enroll here pass out as a happier and fulfilled bunch of yoga graduates who understand the virtues of self-development, acceptance and celebration.
- Location: Koh Phangan, Surat Thani
- Style of Yoga: Asana Practice & Theory in Hatha, Vinyasa and Yin Yoga
- Atmosphere: Teachers share a great rapport with their students and the atmosphere is very open and friendly.
- 200hr. Yoga Teacher Training
- 300hr. Yoga Teacher Training
- 200hr. Tantra Yoga Teacher Training
- Tantra Teacher Training
- YogaTTC – $1,420.00
- 4 Weeks Awakening & Healing – $1,826.00
- Yoga Therapy Workshop
- Mandala Art Expression
- Reiki Level I
Yoga Ananda is a highly recommended yoga retreat in Chiang Mai. The instructors here are very friendly, funny, welcoming and knowledgeable. They are full of positive energy, encouraging and have a lot of creativity to share and make each class unique and so much fun.
- Location: Koh Phangan
- Run by/Head Teacher: Evangelos Syrigos is the founder/Owner. Villy: General Manager. Johnny: Yoga Programs Director
- Style of Yoga: Detox Retreats, Alignment Yoga, Meditation Circle, Gentle Yoga, Yoga Retreats and also they provide Anti-Parasite Program, Liver and Gallbladder cleanse, and Anti Candida Program
- Course Detail: The Ananda Yoga & Detox center offers premier yoga and detox services at affordable prices.
- Atmosphere: The Place and the people provide a relaxing atmosphere and support you need in between learning.
Course Details & Cost start:
- 3.5 Days Detox – 9,500 Baht
- 7.5 Days Detox – 19,000 Baht
- 11 Day Detox – 24,000 Baht
Yoga Teacher Training
- 200 Hour Alignment Hatha-Vinyasa – $2,200
- 300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training – $3,200
- 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training – $5,400
- 100 Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training – $1,250
This retreat is one of the most established and sought-after centers in Thailand. Established in 2003, the Samahita Retreat has been fully focused on helping aspirants to increase their energy level, recover and enhance vitality. All this is through yoga, fitness, detox and their wellness center which is in direct connect with nature on the beach.
- Location: Koh Samui
- Run by/Head Teacher: Paul Dallaghan, Arielle Nash, Gill Breetzke & Daniel Stringer
- Style of Yoga: Dynamic Core Vinyasa, Restorative Asana, Breath Regulation, Pranayama, Meditation Practices and Techniques, Yoga Philosophy and Psychology
- Atmosphere: Being directly on the beach in the quietest and most unspoiled part of Koh Samui makes the experience of training extra rewarding, and supports students by staying private.
- Yoga Core Cycle : 15 Nights- Pay for 13 Nights ($2,054)
- 8 Nights- Pay for 7 Nights($1,106)
- 6 Days with your partner – ($1,580)
- 5 Day Bonus Offer – ($129)
- YTTC Package: Yoga Core Cycle, YCC + Total-Self-care, YCC+Weightloss, YCC+Detox, and YCC+Brain Health Upgrade
Pure Flow Yoga is an ocean of knowledge that mixes various virtues to bring to you an inspiring, transformational and empowering yoga retreat which conducts 200-hour yoga teacher training in Koh Phangan, Thailand. Yoga here is meant for all levels from beginners to advanced yogis and yoginis.
- Location: Surrat Thani
- Run by/Head Teacher: Francie Fishman is the founder.
- Teachers: Francie Fishman, Atira Tan, Kimmana Nichols, Sophie Sharp
- Style of Yoga: Vinyasa, Hatha Flow, Yin Yoga.
- Course Detail: The YTT is designed for committed Yoga students who aspire to become Yoga Teachers.
- Atmosphere: Magical, A hidden-gem in a tucked away nature paradise
Specialties include: Trauma-Informed Yoga, Ayurveda, Sacred Sound and the Art of Teaching
- Cost Start: 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training – July – September – $2900
- Next Course Date: Feb 17 – March 17, 2020
La Casa Shambala:
La Casa Shambala in Ko Pha Ngan is seriously a magical place for teacher training. Everyone here is very supportive and loving— the teachers, staff, volunteers, and everyone are a vibrant group and are very helping in sharing a very special bond.
- Location: Koh Phangan, Surat Thani
- Run by/Head Teacher: Sara Ramalho, Karen Lumi Tanaka and Jessica Charlotte
- Style of Yoga: Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Acroyoga, and Aerial Yoga
- Atmosphere: A Magical Place
- Courses: YTTC, Hatha, Vinyasa, Acroyoga, and Aerial Yoga.
- Healing, Reiki, Thai Massage, Acupuncture
- 10 Jun – 27 Jun: 18 Days 200 Hr Hatha – Vinyasa YTTC
- 30 Jun – 28 Jul: 29 Days 200 Hour Hatha – Vinyasa YTTC
- 1 Aug – 21 Aug: Immersion Into Alternative Building
Anahata Yoga Shala:
Located in Ko Phangan Surat Thani, this school is one of the most acclaimed Yoga TTC. This island is a paradise on its own and allows you to venture out on an amazing spiritual journey so as to reconnect with nature. They have a very cooperative and knowledgeable set of teachers who are non-dogmatic in approach.
- Location: Unnamed Road, Ko Pha-ngan, Ko Pha-ngan District, Surat Thani
- Run by/Head Teacher: Vanessa Burger; Anton Kazantsev
- Style of Yoga: Anahata Yoga Shala offers beginners yoga retreats and classes on Tantra, Reiki, detox, vegan, Kirtan, besides RYT-200 yoga teacher training.
- Atmosphere: Very supportive and student-friendly
Course Detail & Cost start:
- Yoga Retreats
- 200-Hour YTT in Koh Phangan, Thailand
- Jul 7-Aug 4 | Sep 1-29 | Nov 3-Dec 1 , 2019
- Cost: US$1,969
Akasha Yoga Academy:
Located in Beach House, Thongsala Ko Pha-ngan, this academy is involved in transmitting spiritual wisdom in the most relaxed and authentic way possible. They do it in an integrating way where Yogic traditions blend into a more modern and scientific methodology. Their teachings are pragmatic and based on the Yoga tradition and powered by research and sincere practice.
- Location: Ko Phangan
- Run by/Head Teacher: Burkhard, Kirsten, Arlene, and Devdas
- Style of Yoga: Hatha Yoga, Pranayama, Yin Yoga, and Meditation
- Atmosphere: Very friendly and cooperative.
- 200-HOUR HATHA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING – US$2550
- 300-HOUR ADVANCED YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
- Meditation Workshop – 2.5 Day – US$60
Upcoming Events :
- 300 Hour Training – 2019
- 200-Hour Training — 2019
- 200-Hour Training — 2020
Located in Koh Phangan, this is based at a beautiful new jungle hilltop facility in Srithanu. Surrounded by nature this centre is an open-air studio and perfect for learning yoga. The place is popular for vegan restaurant Green Gallery and also offers a simple and beautiful location for all Yoga lovers.
- Location: Ko Phangan
- Run by/Head Teacher: Sunny, and Shannon McGill
- Style of Yoga: Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha, Neti, Meditation, and Chanting Mantras
- 300 Baht for a Single Class
- 800 Baht for a 3 Class Pass
- 1,200 Baht for 5 Class Pass
- 2,000 Baht for 10 Class Pass
Marina Yoga is located in Krabi. This Center is known for yoga Holiday, reiki, and healing. The center will offer you yoga classes for various level and ages. Practices here are mainly body-centered and are used to purify the body through various techniques and practices.
- Location: Ao Nang Muang, Krabi, Thailand
- Run by/Head Teacher: Marina Frei
- Style of Yoga: Hatha Yoga, Kundalini yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga Meditation Retreat, Reiki Healing Retreat, Holistic Practice
- Yoga Teacher Training:
- Reiki Courses:
- Cacao Ceremony: 90 Min- 490 THB
- Ear Candling: 45 Min – 890 THB
- Sound Healing: 60 Min – 1,200 THB
- Hot Stone Massage: 60 Min – 1.350 THB
Things to Remember when Choosing the Yoga School for Teacher Training in Thailand
First and foremost, it is very essential to understand the fact that your Training has to be certified by the Yoga Alliance which provides a framework required for all Registered Yoga School (RYS) so that they follow a proper schedule of a 200-hour YTT. Based on this assertion, various other parameters are to be taken into account which decides on how you go about choosing a particular center.
Here are a few criteria one needs to have a look into:
- Choosing the right instructor(s)
- Strength of students in your class
- Location and schedule of the course
- Cost of your training
- The reputation of the school
- Course content you are opting for
5 Best Location in Thailand for Yoga Activities
- KOH SAMUI: Koh Samui is one of the most popular island locations for Yoga activities in Thailand and this place has a lot to offer. This destination happens to be Thailand’s second largest island after Phuket and is blessed with sandy beaches and tropical lush trees lining scenic mountains.
- CHIANG MAI: This place is a land of misty mountains and a perfect paradise for adventure lovers who want to pursue yoga as well. Blessed with colorful hill tribes, which serves as a playground for seasoned travelers, this place boasts of some well-known yoga schools.
- BANGKOK: This place is regarded as one of the greatest destinations for yoga and meditation retreats. In Bangkok, you may visit a meditation or yoga retreat at Mon Lodge & Yoga Donmueang, Chiva-Som Hau Hin Resort, IngNatee Resort, and Wat Suan Mokkh.
- KOH PHANGAN: This is regarded as a magical island that is always ready to offer an array of experiences mainly because of its sandy white beaches and turquoise lagoons. The place is blessed with stunning sunsets and is dotted with massages and spa treatment centers and yoga schools. Perfect location to experience magnificent waterfalls, delicious Thai food and tropical fruits where a wide range of vegan restaurants thrive amid a host of holistic activities and spiritual workshops.
- HUA HIN: Hua Hin is known to be an ideal yoga learning destination, simply because it can offer an insight into many worlds. This is known as the health destination and is located around 200 km southwest of Bangkok. The beaches, food, culture, and nature of Hua Hin are meant for every traveler.
Thailand is not all about partying and nightlife. There are more reasons than one why Thailand is fast grabbing the attention of the rest of the world for being a popular destination for health and wellness retreats and this also includes Yoga. Its pristine beaches, gorgeous mountains and friendly and laid-back life all add up to the setting needed to explore your yoga practice. This country has numerous yoga hubs and schools which offer various Yoga Teacher Training Courses which may be of 100-hr, 200-hr, 300-hr or 500-hr duration. Rest assured that you’ll emerge as a stronger person following the yoga courses at locations of your choice.